Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rodent Stuffed Animals?

I saw the most bizarre thing driving around town today. I pulled up to a stop light and was singing with my music when I looked over to my left and in the passenger seat of the blue minivan next to me was a boy, probably 13-15 years old, holding this giant stuffed animal and waving its paw at me. I jumped a little and started to wave back without thinking. The stuffed thing looked like a cross between a rodent and an alien-- it was probably from some movie I haven't seen. For the whole duration of the stop light, he kept waving the animal and smiling at me. It was weird. They pulled away and I started laughing at how bizarre this was because I didn't know what else to do. At the next stop light, the minivan pulled up to a big white van and the kid did the same thing to the guy driving the van, but from the expression of the man's face in his side mirror, I don't think he thought it was as funny as I did. I think the best thing to do when you get waved at by large rodent stuffed animals is to wave back. I just re-read that last sentence and I am thinking to myself, "What?"

1 comment: